Saturday, August 1, 2009

Birthday Card Album

I've had the pleasure of working on a really cute custom project - an album that would house birthday cards for a little girl named Natalie.



I constructed the album from chipboard, hand-cutting the chipboard to 8 inches by 10 inches. I then rounded the corners with my handy-dandy Corner Chomper (I love that thing!). Then I hand-cut 50 pages of cardstock to 8 inches by 10 inches and again used my Corner Chomper to round all the corners (that's 200 corners, by the way).




I used the "It's My Party" line of papers and embellishments by Heidi Grace (which has been discontinued and is very hard to find). For the cover, I used a shimmery piece of green paper with velvet embossing for the background. Then I used the birthday cake paper to make a border, edging it in gorgeous and fun ruffled, polka dot ribbon.




I used glittered chipboard letters to add Natalie's name. I also added a hand-made cupcake embellishment.




To make the cupcake embellishments (of which there are dozens throughout the album) I hand-punched circles from silver glitter paper and adhered them to hand-punched scalloped circles cut from white cardstock. Then I hand-punched the cupcake wrappers from a corrugated white cardstock and the cupcake tops from various colors of glitter paper.




The cupcake tops are adhered with dimensional adhesive. Each cupcake was topped with a crystal rhinestone. On every other page there is one of these cupcakes, paired with a coordinating ribbon. I staggered the placement of the embellishments so that the ribbons extended from the pages all around the album.



On the other pages I added strips of patterned papers in stripes and polka dots and cardstock stickers. To finish the album, I punched 5 holes through the covers and the pages (that's 260 holes) and added book binding rings. I then tied dozens of ribbons on the rings. I think the album is super cute, festive, bright, and cheerful! I'm sure Natalie and her mom will enjoy it for a long time to come.
If you would like a custom album of your own, please don't hesitate to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!