Sunday, March 25, 2012

Smash Sunday


Hello! I'm back with week two of Smash Sunday, the weekly post where I share what I've been up to in my Smash Books. Last week I put together these Spring-inspired pages in my red, Everyday book:


I used these photos for a pair of layouts (that I will share soon!), and had doubles printed. I used the extras for these pages, along with bits and pieces from Lily Bee, Cosmo Cricket, Elle's Studio, American Crafts, and Pink Paislee. I had a lot of fun searching my stash for green, pink and red.


My favorite details include this red bookmark, which I received as a thank you gift in an order from the Etsy shop 29blackstreet. It's her own original art and seeing as I am currently putting together my summer reading list, I thought it was the perfect piece of ephemera to add this week.


Also, even though I don't sew, I've begun collecting spools of thread in pretty colors. I love the look of a little bit of messy thread tucked here and there. It must have to do with the random strands I find stuck to me after crafting all of the fabric flowers for my Etsy shop :). I added some red thread in the corner and I really like the way it loops off of the page.


A magazine clipping made its way onto this spread. I found this leather bow bracelet image in a BHG magazine and trimmed it out. I had already seen a tutorial for these bow bracelets on Pinterest and even taught a group of girls how to make them, but with Spring here, I want to make more in some bright pretty colors.


SRM Stickers has several sheets of great Spring-themed sentiments, and I just had to add several. Some are on the edges, and one is directly on a photo - I love that technique and will probably use it again and again!

I smashed a bit more in a few spare moments, but I'm still tinkering and will share next time :). I hope you've had a great weekend and are ready for a great week! Thanks for stopping by :). Tessa

3 comments:

  1. these pages are beautiful chicken i love that bookmark and the thread idea, the thought of not being to perfect is my like lol beautifully put together chicken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on these pages! The bookmark is very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!