Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas Mini - DCWV and Spellbinders + Tag Tutorial

Hello! I am so excited to be a part of the Spellbinders Partner Hop! If you've just happened upon this post and would like to participate from the beginning, please go here. If this is your first time visiting Precocious Paper, welcome. I hope you visit again soon :). I have been a member of the DCWV design team for 2 1/2 years and a big fan of Spellbinders for quite some time. When the opportunity came to combine these two great companies, I jumped at the chance! But enough about me. On to my project ;).


For this Christmas mini album, I worked with DCWV's new Storybook Christmas Stack, Christmas and Winter cardstock mat stack, Printed Burlap 6x6 Stack, and some additional glitter paper and cardstock. From Spellbinders I received Holiday Sentiments and Flurries.

I really enjoyed the Holiday Sentiments dies and placed them center stage in my album. From the album's title...


...to the tags on several pages, these cute cursive words were the perfect touch. Cut from DCWV's glitter cardstock, they were a dream to work with.


If you'd like to make these simple tags, the process is easy. Gather a tag base, thread, washi tape, your die-cut sentiments and any other embellishments you'd like.


Cut a long length of thread and secure it to the back of your tag with washi tape. Wrap the thread around the tag multiple times, again securing the end with washi tape.


Add a bit of adhesive to the back of your words and secure to the tag, tucking the words under some of the threads. Add embellishments.


I also really enjoyed the Flurries die. I've never worked with such a large, detailed die before, so I was sure to follow the instructions carefully. I am so glad I read the tips about running it through several times, adjusting the orientation of my die/cardstock, and adding a shim. The tips worked beautifully and cutting several panels with this die was actually fun ;). There's something satisfying about popping out all those little pieces ;).


I wanted the Flurries die to have a prominent place in my album, so I made additional pages with the cut Flurries panels and the burlap papers by DCWV. Because the burlap is backed with paper, it was easy to adhere the Flurries pieces to the backside of the burlap. I really love the kraft of the burlap paper showing through the bright white of the cardstock. I plan to add typed journaling strips to the burlap sides.


I have posted the entire album in my gallery here, but here is a quick snapshot of several of the pages:


The Storybook Christmas Stack, burlap stack and glitter cardstock are the perfect companions to such pretty holiday dies. Thank you to both Spellbinders and DCWV for such amazing products to work with. I am going to really enjoy filling my album with Christmas photos this season.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the Spellbinders hop! Good luck winning all those fabulous prizes ;). Thanks for stopping by :). Tessa

68 comments:

  1. Wonderful, love the papers, the Holiday Sentiments dies and how you tagged the pages. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL memory book Tessa - LOVE your pretty layers, textures and splash of sparkle!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION and tutorial too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, will use several of your ideas. The file folder tag idea and use of was I tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The memory book for your daughter is not only gorgeous, but touching and heart-warming! What a wonderful keepsake that I know she'll adore and love in the years to come. Impressive, indeed! Ii wish I'd had this excellent tutorial back when my niece was a baby! A marvelous project that is both inspired and inspiring! Thank you for sharing!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the sparkly gold "Merry Christmas"! Beautiful! I bet your daughter will treasure this when she is older! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I absolutely love the colors. They are gorgeous and you done a fantastic job. The tags looks easy to make,. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In a few years your daughter will have so much fun looking at pictures of her first Christmas.
    The book is beautiful.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is beautiful! Such a wonderful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful keepsake for your daughter. I love all to texture and dimension you created. The Bow is definitely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. luv the addition of stripes! and I'm with you re: popping out the pieces of intricate dies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love mini albums and this is a great one. You really put a lot of thought and probably a bit of your heart as well, I would guess. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like all the details of this memory book. Wonderful tags & embellishments. Especially like the burlap texture.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous memory book - love all the papers you used.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful book, wonderful papers and accents, the printed burlap is great. Very creative.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a sweet project.Thanks 4 sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely album. Thank you for sharing. Really liked the look of the burlap combined with the die pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so lovely! Stunning used of DCWV papers and Spellbinders dies and folders! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is Beautiful!!.. Great Color combinations first of all.. Love the striped Big Bow.. Gorgeous.. The die cuts are stunning.. Love the soft feel to it! The Flurries dies are Gorgeous!!.. Great album!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just picked up the burlap paper pack and now I'm very inspired to get to work with it! KNOW you'll treasure your GORGEOUS album even more once it's filled with sweet First Christmas pix of your little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful memory book. Those papers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning album, Tessa! Like that tag, and the retro feel to the project! Thanks for some great tips and ideas!

    ReplyDelete

  22. great tag!! love the whole album, do detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this book is so gorgeous, so elegant I think when your daughter gets older or when she gets married this would be a fabulous hand me down I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely Album and tag , beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous memory book with all the beautiful papers and details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh My Goodness!!! Just delightful!!! Truly a Traditional Christmas Book!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh My Goodness!!! Truly a Traditional Christmas Book!!! One to last a lifetime!! What a luck little girl!! Thanks for the ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your mini album is so beautiful!! I love the burlap, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely album, it is the season to celebrate Christmas and the ablum will be a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well done, Tessa! I haven't see the flurrie die yet...I'll keep my eye out for it, though. You can always count on dcwv to have awesome product.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, this is gorgeous!! Beautiful papers and those script dies are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your style. And I agree, those sentiments are great!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the way you used the word dies and the beautiful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a beautiful album with a nostalgic, traditional Christmas feeling. I really like the vintage pick-up truck paper!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely beautiful-your daughter will treasure this always. Such gorgeous papers-have to have this stack also.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely beautiful-your daughter will treasure this always. Such gorgeous papers-have to have this stack also.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This mini album is just beautiful and a wonderful way to document your daughter's first Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous album with all those wonderful detailed pages and the fun tags. Great work. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous Tessa, totally love your memory book, those sentiment dies and that gorgeous flurries die!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. love the papers, snow flurries ,tags , thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  41. i love books and this one is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely album & wonderful paper & details.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What an adorable album. Love the papers and dies, they are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for the inspiration!! I just bought all the DCWV Christmas -Winter stacks at Joann's today!! Now I have some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Retro yet modern... very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love your album. The papers and dies are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  47. great tutorial, gives me a lot of ideas. Like the combination with Spellbinder and beautiful Paper. Hugs,Ernestine

    ReplyDelete
  48. I never would have thought to use those colors and it looks so great.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the traditional colors. The tag is great, who would think alittle thread in the background would make such an impact. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is such a gorgeous mini!
    Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your album is just beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is album is gorgeous! it will be a keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  53. So simple but all that nice textures add to the interest. fab.

    ReplyDelete
  54. This is just gorgeous, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Just purchased the burlap stack and love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow, what an amazing album! I love all the texture made with the burlap sheets and die cuts. Wonderful pages just ready to be personalized.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Its some beautiful and you gave me all the info i needed to create such a wonderful project. Thank you Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!