Friday, January 1, 2010

Love Story

Happy New Year! I hope everyone's holiday celebrations have been wonderful! I just got back home from California and am re-adjusting to the Wyoming snow and temperatures. I had a wonderful time but am itching to get crafty!

Before leaving I was able to make my layout for the latest Sketchy Thursdays challenge, and even though I am a day late in posting (I was driving ALL DAY Thursday), here is "Love Story", a layout of my sister's wedding.


I normally take sketches literally, but this time I flipped the sketch. I thought the little photo space in the sketch was perfect for a close-up of their rings. I used vintage seam binding, I hand-dyed the rhinestone swirl to match her bouquet, and I stamped the title - quick, easy, and simply beautiful, I think. I would love to see what you do with the sketch. This feels like one of those especially "limitless possiblities" sketches. Find all the details on playing here.

Speaking of limitless possiblities, I don't know about you, but I have a lot of thoughts about this coming year. 2009 was a year of many major changes for me, and now that life has settled a little, I am excited to be making some goals, planning some projects, and just being open to what else is coming. I've decided to follow along with Ali Edwards in choosing a word to direct my thoughts for 2010 - balance. I'm going to play along with Project 365 in order to push my photography skills and to take more photos. I have a list of scrapbooking challenge blogs that I look forward to more diligently playing with. I am looking forward to growing Precocious Paper. I also have some personal and religious goals that I am excited to work toward.

It feels like a breath of fresh air. Here's to 2010! I wish you the happiest year yet!

Tessa

1 comment:

  1. Can you share how to hand dye rhinestones? BEAUTIFUL layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!