Thursday, January 14, 2010

Please Don't GROW So Fast

The first day of kindergarten for my oldest son, Colten, was emotional for me. I had a terrible morning - I hit a car in the parking lot of Michaels, I was feeling sick, and my car battery died and we were almost late for school. We made it, though, and on our way to school I snapped this photo. I wanted to cry, but didn't. About a week later we found out we were expecting our third son, so that explains my overly emotional reaction to his first day, but just the same, it was a milestone that I just couldn't bring myself to scrap until now (a year and a half later).

The new sketch at Sketchy Thursdays is fantastic! It was the perfect sketch to chronicle this experience. I loved working with it and I know you will, too. Here's the sketch:


And here is my take:


Visit Sketchy Thursdays for all the details on entering, the sponsor and prize, and last week's winner and design team favorites. Have a wonderful Thursday! Tessa

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!