Friday, April 2, 2010

Homemakers

August is a special month for me.  My husband's birthday is at the beginning, mine is at the end, and our anniversary is in the middle.  But even more special to me is the fact that four generations of women on my mother's side all share August birthdays.  My great-grandmother, my grandmother, my mother, and me.  Over Christmas vacation, my parents gave me a stack of photos from when I was very little, and this gorgeous photograph was one of them.


When I opened my Two Chicks Designs April Kit to find "houses" to be a recurring theme, I knew I wanted to create a page with this photo, celebrating four generations of homemakers.  We've all worked outside of the home at some point, but my most fond memories (and daily inspiration) come from these amazing women who were very talented in their own ways of homemaking.


I fussy-cut the houses out from the paper, lifted some with dimensional adhesive, added buttons from the kit to some, and stitches to others.  I misted the background kraft paper with olive vine Glimmer Mist and added just a little bit of the scalloped lace from March's kit to set off the photo.  I love this page and plan to hang it in my scraproom for a long time to come.  As my journaling reads, I feel blessed to have this legacy of wonderful women in my life.


I love these kits because they are so FULL of gorgeous papers!  That's just a peek at some!  I love patterned paper, and when I get my kit in the mail, I feel like all is well in the world (until I see sneaks for the next kit).  I'll be sharing more from this kit in the following days :).  Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo Tessa. Love how you've scrapped it.
    Happy Easter. lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo! There are generations of homemakers in my family, too. That is definitely something I need to scrap. Thanks for the fabulous idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special photo! Great layout. Love how you used all of the houses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!