Friday, May 28, 2010

Girls Night Out

In April I started frequenting Scrap Freak, a great community of creative, positive, and friendly scrappers.  The challenges and classes are so much fun!  Well, May got away from me, so I didn't have the chance to play along :(.  However, I was asked to make a layout for the May online class, and I'd love to share it with you now, end of the month and all.


These are my two youngest sisters, Caitlin and Elizabeth.  They have a great group of friends to hang out with, and this photo is of one of their girls' nights. 


The challenge from my particular portion of the class was to upcycle something.  I had a dress that I loved to wear but had to retire because it got washed with a pen and ended up with ink smears all over it.  I stashed it in my scrap room for some future, unknown use, where it got paint on it somehow.  So what to do?  Make flowers out of it, of course! 


I made rolled fabric flowers and yo-yo's and added lots of blingy brads.  I love the way this turned out - young, fun, and colorful - just like my sisters :).


If you haven't visited Scrap Freak before, it's worth a peek.  I'm planning to have perfect attendance in June!  Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE this LO! Do you have enough of this dress left to sell me flowers just like those???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!