Friday, March 18, 2011

Designer Friday

Happy Friday! Today, like most other Fridays, I am sharing the work of the design team for my Etsy shop, Precocious Paper.  This month marks the end of the current team's term and, like last week, I am a little teary as today we enjoy Heidi's last post.  Heidi is going out with a bang, though, and I cannot tell you how excited I am to share two projects from this talented, talented girl!

Heidi worked with a new item coming up in the next shop update - black and ivory satin flowers.  I love how Heidi added centers to the flowers for this gorgeous card:


So elegant!  Inspired by a poem her daughter composed, Heidi created this stunning piece of art:


The painting, the textures, the colors - amazing!  My favorite part is how she altered the ivory satin bloom with mist:


Heidi says that these flowers take mist beautifully.  Just look at how the vibrant colors blend!  I can't wait to try this technique myself, and I'll be sure to stock plenty of white and ivory flowers for those of you who want to give this a go.

Heidi, it's been an absolute pleasure!  Thank you so much for all you've contributed to Precocious Paper.  You can read more about these projects on Heidi's blog here

For those of you considering applying for the design team, today is the last day I will accept applications.  Find the details here.

Have a great Friday! Tessa

9 comments:

  1. Such fun, unique projects! Sniff, sniff... will miss you, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, Heidi! Cool misting on those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The misting is perfect! I'm sure Heidi will be missed by all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what Heidi did with the flowers!!! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~sniff~ I'm gonna miss being a part of this amazing group of people. Thank you so much Tessa for having me!!!! Good luck to all those hoping to become a part of the next DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful projects, Heidi! Love the misting on the flower-so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those flowers are beautiful! love the misting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo loved these projects Heidi :):):) That flower is spectacular and your card is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!