Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Studio - Back to School

I'm catching up after the Labor Day holiday - two posts in one day! Be sure to read my GCD Studios update here.

The current challenge at The Studio is to create a layout with a school theme. As I looked through my photos, I realized that I never scrapped this photo of my son with his teacher on the first day of school last year.


I pulled papers from my scrap drawer and made some Sweet Spots (like the ones in my Etsy shop). I wrapped twine around the layout and added the date with Jenni Bowlin stickers/chipboard. My title is an SRM Sticker.


Speaking of titles, if you peek over at The Studio blog, you will see that my original sample says "second grade". Oops. He's in second grade this year, duh. A quick trim off the top and a new piece of cardstock underneath made my fix quick and easy.


Ella Publishing is sponsoring the month of September at The Studio, and your school-themed layout could earn you a $20.00 gift certificate! I have loved every e-book by Ella that I have purchased, so I can personally attest to how awesome that prize is. You can join us here.

Thanks for stopping by (again!). Tessa

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!