Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello January!

(image pinned here)

Happy New Year! My favorite part of celebrating the New Year isn't the ball drop at midnight, or staying up late playing games with my family, but waking up the next morning to a clean slate, a new adventure, the next chapter. Because of my 33 Things goals, I haven't set any New Year's Resolutions. Instead, I have re-committed myself to accomplishing what I set out to achieve back on August 31st. I have a 33 Things update post scheduled soon.


I have chosen a new One Little Word. In fact, for the first time I signed up for Ali Edwards' One Little Word workshop. I am excited to see where the added emphasis on my word will take me this year. 2014's word was finish. As 2014 was coming to an end, I took some time to ponder my progress with the word finish and, like most years, my new word was born from what I learned about my previous word. Even though I learned a lot about myself and loved my word, sometimes finish was a struggle. I asked myself why and this was the answer:

 (pinned here)

My One Little Word for 2015 is still. I need to learn to be still. Be still and know. Be still and listen. I need to persevere. Still standing. Still going. I need to find peace and calm, even briefly, on a daily basis. Still waters. I need to learn to forgive myself. Still becoming. I believe that connecting with the word still will lead me to greater peace and more growth this year.

If you're interested in following along with my OLW journey, here are some links you might enjoy:
- My Pinterest Board: STILL - One Little Word 2015
- Something I'm currently studying, inspired by my word: "Be Still, and Know that I Am God"
- Ali Edwards' One Little Word class

Did you choose a word for 2015? Are you doing Ali's class? Do you take a different approach to goal-setting in the new year? I'd love to know :).

Thanks for visiting today. Here's to a fantastic year! Tessa

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Tessa!! I'm a follower of your blog, but somehow missed the "33 Things" post. I went back to read it and I think your list is fantastic! I have come up with a small list of things I would like to accomplish in 2015, but I love the idea of coming up with goals from birthday to birthday! One of the goals I have for 2015 is to take an online class and I'm going over now to check out Ali Edward's One Little Word class. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, I am really enjoying the lack of pressure today to start working on New Year's resolutions. I think I'm going to repeat the birthday to birthday goals every year :). Thanks for visiting and leaving your comment :). If you do sign up for Ali's class, I'll see you there, too!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!