Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Washi Butterfly Birthday Card - Love My Tapes, SRM Stickers

I am still obsessed with this pink stripe washi tape that I got from Love My Tapes. I think the pink and graphic stripes are a great contrast to the fabric I started with on this birthday card for my sister:


First, I cut a piece of fabric to fit the face of my card base. I distressed the edges by pulling away loose threads. I did my best to center the fabric design on the card, then sprayed a bit of pink Heidi Swapp Color Shine to the center. Next, I applied a few rows of washi tape to scrap cardstock and used my butterfly punch to cut out the shape.


I added a brad to the center of the butterfly and attached an SRM Stickers sentiment between the brad and butterfly. Last, I attached the butterfly/sentiment to my card with a dab of hot glue. Oh! And don't forget a bit of thread wound up behind it all.


You can see my post featuring this card on the Love My Tapes blog today. If you're reading this, Liz, Happy Birthday! Your card is on its way!

Have a great day! Tessa

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!