Sunday, March 1, 2015

I Am - The Studio Challenges, Scrapbook Circle


I'm excited for March! The calendar is full - fun stuff, challenging stuff, projects, events, birthdays, etc. Although we would rather have the rain, the spring-like weather we are enjoying is beautiful! Blossoms in the trees, poppies growing everywhere...I love it!


I also love the new challenge up today at The Studio. The design team suggested items to include on a layout, and the challenge is to include as many of those things as possible. I managed to include every single one:


I wouldn't normally reach for all of these things for the same layout, so this was definitely a challenge. To get it done, I used two strategies: use small amounts of everything, and use the same color for most of it.


One chipboard heart, three tiny brads, two sequins, a bit of thread - all in gold. The mist was easy as I almost always include a little bit of mist anyway (that was my contribution to the challenge), and the vellum was also a simple addition. The stamping was intimidating at first, but after turning to this row of triangles stamp by Scrapbook Circle, I thought the stamping was a great finishing touch.


Speaking of Scrapbook Circle, almost all of my materials for this page came from the March kits. The thread, sequins, brads and mist are from my stash, the stamp and chipboard heart are from past kits, but the papers, stickers and die-cuts are all from Here's the Story and the add-ons. Lots of "I Am" by Simple Stories, "On Trend" by My Mind's Eye here. The kit also includes quite a bit of the new papers and embellishments by Pinkfresh Studios (one of my favorite booths at CHA this year!). Be sure to check out the kits here.

You can find the challenge details at The Studio here. Thanks for visiting today! I hope your March is fantastic :). Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!