Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sweetheart - Pink Paislee

I simply adore the Citrus Bliss collection by Pink Paislee. For this layout, I pulled - chartreuse and gray papers, a combination I hadn't tried yet.

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Precocious Paper. I do receive financial compensation and products from American Crafts to develop certain blog posts, but all of the ideas and opinions are my own.

I started by mounting the green stripe to the gray and white floral. Next, I used Heidi Swapp's polka dot art screen to add those glittery, yellow-green dots. It was my first time using an art screen, and I'll be honest - it didn't go very well. When I pulled the screen off, it tore my paper in a few spots. No big deal because I was going to cover that area with my photo anyway, but I will need to sit down and play more before using another art screen on another layout.


Fun tidbit.... We are staying with my parents for a little while as we are between houses (I'm literally waiting for the call to come pick up keys!), so my scrapbooking stash has been, let's say, limited. I really wanted to layer my photo with tissue paper, but I didn't have any. I remembered that a wedding gift had been dropped off for my sister, so I asked her if she had thrown away the tissue paper yet. Luckily, she had not! So, it's kind of fun that this layout about her wedding contains a little bit of tissue paper from a wedding gift. :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! i love how you used tissue from your sister's gift in your layout!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful pic and page--my older kids literally just bring me stuff and say, "do you want this for scrapbooking?" With some training, your sister will do this too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!