Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year, New Word

Hello, friends! Happy New Year! As I reviewed my online presence in 2016, I realized that my creative project-sharing shifted to Facebook and Instagram posts in the last several months. While I LOVE connecting with others on those platforms, I miss sharing the details and the background story in a larger space. This space. So, with the new year comes a new devotion to blogging.

Also, the new year brings a new word.


I chose the word "thrive" as 2016 was coming to a close. I felt it out for a week, and even started a Pinterest board. However, when I was adding quotes to my Pinterest board, this one - without the word "thrive" - made its way into the search results:


As soon as I read it, I knew my word was RISE. Positive. Literally uplifting. I know this word will carry me through 2017, and that I will be a better, stronger person because of it.

I signed up for Ali Edwards' One Little Word workshop (again). I'm excited to devote time each month to reconnecting, evaluating, and moving forward with my word.

Also, without infringing on any of Ali's intellectual property, I am sharing the general concept of a yearly word with the women at church. I'm teaching a mini workshop about taking a word and applying it to personal spiritual development. Several years into this practice, I have learned that my approach to One Little Word has a spiritual component at the core. While Ali's prompts are incredibly valuable and helpful, I needed something more, to speak to that spiritual core. I created worksheets specific to my faith that detail monthly prompts for 1) keeping your word visible, 2) reconnecting with your word, and 3) documenting your progress. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If any of my LDS readers/followers would like to join me, send me an email (precociouspaper@yahoo.com) and I will share the worksheets I have prepared.

Do you do One Little Word or something like it? I'd love to know your word. Watch this space - there's more to come, including a fun announcement tomorrow!

Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!