Thursday, November 19, 2009

Spring in November

I was feeling the November brrrr when I was brainstorming my layout for Sketchy Thursdays this week. So to cure my chills, I opted to think back to a warm, pleasant May and scrap baby photos of my little one, Jaxon.

Here is the sketch (I really enjoyed this one!):


Here is my take, "Spring Baby":



I loved the faces he made for the camera - I think he was born knowing Mama was a scrapper and would be his own personal paparazzi for the rest of his life. I made the circle by using a Heidi Swapp mask and Jazz Blue Glimmer Mist. Then I used embroidery thread and stitched around the circle for definition and some baby-soft texture. I scrunched a length of vintage seam binding and some fun pom pom trim behind the photos and added pretty sequin flowers with BoBunny brad centers. Of course, I used Thickers for my title (I love the fabric thickers, and this font is my favorite right now).

The prize up for grabs this week is the December kit from Scrapbook Kit Club - it's gorgeous!


I can't wait to see what you do with the sketch! Thanks for stopping by. Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!