Sunday, January 30, 2011

Playing with SRM Stickers

I am still pinching myself about the wonderful opportunity I've been blessed with to design for SRM Stickers.  Before I started in on my assignments, I decided to play a little bit with some of their products.  First, this layout for The Studio challenge this week:


Amanda supplied us with a fabulous sketch to work from and challenged us to use a handmade embellishment.  I opted for layered stars. 


The "sweet" SRM sticker is from a sheet featuring chocolate dipped strawberries and sweet sayings.  In my household of boys, the word "sweet" usually refers to something cool, so that is how I used it for my title.  I love how the sticker easily adhered to my misted cardstock and just seemed to blend in.


I also used some SRM goodness for a birthday card for my sister.  I made Elizabeth a necklace and a head band out of handmade fabric flowers, so thought the card deserved some handmade flowers, too.



Both the cupcake and the sentiment are by SRM.  Elizabeth's favorite color is lime green, so that cupcake wrapper is just perfect :).


I have one more SRM project to share with you tomorrow, but then I'll be working on DT assignments and won't be able to share quite yet.  Be sure to check out the new challenge at The Studio for the great sketch and to say farewell to some of the design team not returning for a new term in February.  I hope your weekend was wonderful! Tessa

4 comments:

  1. ffabulous layout!!...sweet card!!
    love the choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooove that layout Tessa!!!!! the stars look fantastic! As do your flowers on that gorgeous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you we worked with SRM stickers at CHA and they are nice. I REALLY like the layout--ADORABLE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just loving your use of the SRM Stickers, Tessa!! Really love your layout - fantastic design and a fun way to use the "sweet" sticker ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!