Monday, June 13, 2011

My Smash Book and a New Wreath

Hello!  Boy, am I ready for a fresh, new week.  During the past several days, the worst migraine I've experienced this year and a pinched nerve in my neck conspired to take me out. They almost did. Sensitivity to light and sound, nausea, and pain radiating through my shoulder and arm made it hard to get much done or to be a happy mommy. Recovery is slow, but I am going to be good to myself to ensure the most complete healing that I can.  I want to wrestle with my boys again soon :).  Oh, and being able to dance in my studio's showcase this week would be a good thing, too :).


On a much more fun note, have you jumped on the Smash Book bandwagon?  I picked one up because I thought it would be an excellent low-stress, low-maintenance way to document my summer.  I joined in on the current layout challenge at The Studio this week and went to town with some Girls' Paperie die cuts from my stash:


I filled these two pages with a kind of Top 10 list for summer, ticking off some of my favorite things that I am looking forward to.  All I used were the die cuts and my pen.



If you're up for the challenge, all you have to do is create a layout with die cuts, purchased or made by machine.  You can find all the details here.  One more share today - the most recent handmade addition to my home:



Have a great day everyone! Tessa

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are suffering. Hope your being looked after and are feeling better. I saw your smash book entry on their website and recognised your writing straight away! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smash book is gorgeous! Talk about tons of beautiful detail. And your wreath is fabulous! Such fun colors for summer!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a quick recovery for you, Tessa! Just saw the Smash books this weekend for the first time. Love your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that beautiful wreath! Neat idea @ the book too!! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your Smash book and your wreath. I have been thinking heavily on purchasing a journal book and I think you have convinced me now! The wreath looks so easy to make but so very pretty. You are just so crafty!!!! LOL!!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Tessa. I just LOVE your wreaths. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That smash book is so cool. Hope that you have a fast recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spotted the challenge over at The Studio and had already been thinking of using exactly the same Girl's Paperie die-cuts when I scrolled down and saw your lovely project!

    Love the wreath too. Super lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, migraines are the worst :( I've never had a pinched nerve before, but I have a muscle tear in my shoulder and it is awful. Love that gorgeous wreath. Hope you are 100% soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wreath and what you've done so far with your Smash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!