Wednesday, June 1, 2011

GCD Studios - My first project share!

Hello! I am excited to share my first GCD Studios project with you today, along with one of my favorite techniques when using a design that incorporates white space - masking and misting.


I love to use mist on my pages, especially since it gives white space interesting depth.  However, when designing this layout, I was afraid that the mist might overpower my journaling space.  My solution? Mask a portion of the layout so that the journaling space will be mist-free.


First, I penciled in where my page elements would be (so as not to spray mist all over photos and embellishments).  Next, I laid down a circle mask.  I used one by Heidi Swapp, but any circle will do - a plate, a piece of cardstock, anything.  I lightly sprayed my mist around the circle and allowed it to dry.  Finally, I carefully removed my mask and then outlined the shape with hand stitching.  My journaling is easily read in the mist-free portion, and yet the mist through the white space portion is just the effect I wanted.


I hope you've been inspired to break out your mists and masks when designing your next layout.  Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. oh, this is PRETTY! yeah for GCD studios!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, this is just GORGEOUS! Fabulous photos, misting and I love the stitching around the masked area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...Gorgeous layout...I love the misting

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. A great choice of book too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!