Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Altered Art for Adlyn's Nursery - Mini Canvas

One of my favorite pieces of advice for decorating a home is to go for a "collected" look. Don't buy all of your furniture and decor all at once or from the same store. Allow some time to gather things, add and subtract as you go, and mix things up. I have to admit, I almost disregarded that notion when I was scrambling to finish Adlyn's nursery before she was born. But, I ran out of time, and luckily that means I have had more time to collect. I've also had more time to create some handmade things, which is a main theme in her nursery. This little altered canvas is one of those things:



First, I Mod Podged several layers of sewing pattern paper to a 4x4 canvas. I let the sewing pattern paper wrap the edges, too.



Once dry, I applied Whipped Spackle (by Faber-Castell) with my putty knife.



Next, I used white opaque ink, a foam sponge and the punchinella template by Crafter's Workshop to add dots. Polka dots are a theme you'll find in Addie's nursery, too.


I used a black pen to trace circles and draw the border. Lastly, I adhered the buttons (Prima) and a bit of wound-up thread to the canvas.


Besides the drying time, this project was short and sweet. I love the end product and can't wait to hang it up in her nursery. I think I might make another one or two to go with it. These kind of altered art projects are addicting!

Thanks for stopping by :). Enjoy your day! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!