Friday, April 25, 2014

Front Door Friday - Mint, Kelly Green Pink and Gold



I've been inspired by my Color Palettes Pinterest board once again! I fell in love with this pin, which led me to the others you see in my inspiration board.

one - two - three - four - five

With these images in hand, I went to the craft store and shopped for yarn, flowers, and trim. The result:


I think it is perfect for Spring. It makes me think of the pink roses growing in my yard, the green grass, and the fresh scent in the air. I used four yarns - two fairly standard yarns (pink and mint), a soft, fluffy yarn (kelly green) and a gold yarn by Martha Stewart that reminds me of fettuccine noodles. I love it, and love it even more because I got it on clearance for a steal :).


The gold yarn was not quite enough "bling" for this wreath, so I added some gold trim.


The flower embellishments on this wreath are a mix of store-bought and handmade. The large pink flowers are by Jolee's, found at both Michaels and JoAnn. The felt roses are handmade.



Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you are enjoying my wreath series and will join me again next Friday. Have a good one! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!