Monday, February 15, 2010

Love = Knot

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and were able to spend it with people you love.  I was able to spend the weekend with my little family and my sister and brother-in-law, who drove out from Idaho where they are both going to school.  Knowing that they were coming, I took the opportunity to scrapbook one of their wedding photos for the new challenge poem at Scrap That Poetry




The line "for the knot, there's no untying," from "Freedom and Love" by Thomas Campbell inspired my title and journaling.  I framed the photo by first painting a rectangle slightly larger than the photo where the photo would go, then I adhered the photo and layered crackle paint around its edge.  I knotted sheer ribbon over die-cut felt lace to bring out the knot imagery.  Lastly, I journaled in the white space of the photo, and added a glimmer mist-dyed rose with leaves and stick pin.

I hope to see you play along!  Jennifer is offering a prize package for this challenge, and I can tell you that you won't be disappointed.  I just received my prize from Jennifer for winning an earlier challenge, and there was a ton of fun goodies!  Head on over to Scrap That Poetry for all the details.

Are you on Facebook?  Did you know that I have a fan page for Precocious Paper?  Did you know that both Sketchy Thursdays and Scrap That Poetry have fan pages, too?  We would love to see you on Facebook - you never know what might come up ;).

Have a wonderful Monday!  Tessa

6 comments:

  1. Love this page, Tessa! Great colors. That background paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this layout, I love firstly the background sasslass? paper, and the way you journalled on the photo. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa, that photo is gorgeous, and the layout too! Love the way you did the journaling! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!