Monday, August 3, 2009

Inspired by Color

When I sit down to scrapbook, I usually organize the materials I am going to use based on color. I generally pull the colors straight from the photos I am using. Through my Etsy/Twitter/Facebook travels I happened upon Etsy seller ascrappydesign's blog. As she does every week, she was extending a color challenge to her blog readers. Color challenges are perfect for me, since that is just how my brain works when I scrapbook. So, one night my hubby watched the kids and I scrapped this page, based on purple and grey:




The photo is a self-portrait I took last year and played with on picnik.com. I love the Orton-ish feature! Imade it black and white to go with the grey. I used grey cardstock as my background, then added Juneberry Wine Glimmer Mist in sprays across the paper. Then I took my metallic silver paint dauber and made polka dots on the cardstock. I found the dark purple damask cardstock in the Luxury stack by DCWV. I used two lace flowers from my Etsy shop - "silver" and "plum purple". Then I added paper hydrangeas by Prima and lots of rhinestones! I finished the page with a metal photo corner and purple sequin butterflies. The title is American Craft's Thickers.


While scanning Facebook this morning, I saw my page and wondered when I had uploaded it. Then I read the description and realized that ascrappydesign had posted it as her winner for the week! How fun! Thanks, ascrappydesign! I'm already working on this week's challenge: black, light blue, and red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!