Friday, July 2, 2010

Carnival = Family Time

I had a lot of photos that I wanted to scrap from our recent trip to the carnival.  When Becky Fleck asked me to create a layout based on a PageMaps sketch for the July newsletter and her website that included several photos, I knew exactly which pictures to use!

I loved the tiny little thumbnail photos.  I opted for black and white pictures there so that they didn't compete too much for attention.  I used my favorite shot from the day for the main photo, and the only photo I have of all three of my big boys for the supporting picture.  I just had to use Hello Sunshine papers by Lily Bee for this one - they were the perfect colors for that wheel!

Did you notice the format?  8.5 x 11, double pager.  That's two things I don't do often.  I loved it!  I think I might do this size more often :).  With all the different size page protectors out there from different scrapbooking companies, I can definitely see various sized pages in an album soon.

Thank you to Becky for the opportunity to contribute!  And thank you for stopping by!  Tessa


  1. Love this, Tessa!! And I see the new stars added to your shop in the sidebar... ADORABLE!!!

  2. Love, love, love this Tessa! Such a great idea to use little index pics to get loads into a layout. Really striking! x

  3. Our carnival is this weekend, loving seeing your pics scrapped! :)

  4. Ours is setting up this weekend too, Lewis is beside himself with excitement. He can't understand why rides take so long to build. Congrats on your contribution! x

  5. The Lily Bee paper was perfect for your bright and happy carnival page. Looks great!

  6. This is GORGEOUS Tessa!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the little thumbnail photos...perfect touch! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!