I'm a first-timer and very excited about it. I started working on this several weeks ago, right after Ali started posting about it. I got sidetracked before doing my cover until I saw this week's prompt at The Paper Variety:
I immediately chose the bottom row and got to work creating a title with three different alphabets. I kept the cover really simple because I kept embellishments to a minimum on the inside, too. Here are all the details:
* I'm going to document EVERY day of December - there's a lot of fun stuff planned between Christmas and New Year's, so I don't want to quit on Christmas.
* My album is 6 inches by 6 inches. I plan to print my photos at 4 x 6 (some as collage prints), add a square of patterned paper, and journal on the leftover block.
* I will type my journaling daily (crazy, I know, I almost always use my handwriting!), keeping a document at the ready on my desktop.
* I will print my photos and journaling once per week and will work on the album at a set time once each week.
* Materials used: patterned papers - Fancy Pants Christmas Magic line (2009); snowflake transparency - Hambly; velvet embossed transparencies - Fancy Pants; doilies and butterfly punch - Martha Stewart; tags - Elle's Studio; teal alphas - Making Memories; typed number words - Scrap Rat; pom pom trim - Maya Road; paper flowers - Kaisercraft.
* I plan to embellish the metal rings with ribbons after the album is complete.
Have you done a December Daily album before? Any words of advice? Don't forget to head on over to The Paper Variety to see which path on the tic-tac-toe board each designer took. Without discussion we all ended up doing something different :). Have a great Wednesday! Tessa