Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Boys, the Photographers and Sketchy Thursdays

We were walking to church one beautiful Sunday and I pulled out my camera to get some shots of the boys and the leaves.  Then I passed the camera off to Colten and Carson and they took pictures of Josh and I, walking hand in hand.  They turned out pretty great and I had to make this page with them:


My journaling comes from the latest poem at Scrap That Poetry, "The Tables Turned."  The design team did a fantastic job interpreting different parts of the poem and creating a variety of layouts.  I kept mine fairly simple with some paint and buttons. Come check out the blog and play along.  We'd love to have you :).


Today is Thursday, so I have a Sketchy Thursdays layout to share, too.  I loved the trio of photos in the sketch and decided to create a layout using photos from the firestation field trip I went on with Colten's class.  I was only going to use kraft, red and black, but then I opted for those Cosmo Cricket letters.  That "D" had a blue center, so I just had to slip into my favorite color combo - again :).


Here's the sketch:


And here are some details:


I know December can be a crazy month, but what better way to de-stress by giving yourself a little scrappy time?  I hope you can find a few minutes to join in on a challenge or two soon.  Have a great day! Tessa

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee both of these Tessa! Soooooooooooooooo beautiful!! Loving the photos that your son took! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!