Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh, the Places You'll Go

We love Dr. Suess at our house.  At least one Dr. Suess book is read on any given day.  Among our favorites is "Oh, the Places You'll Go".  So, when I saw that the first challenge of March at Scrap that Poetry was going to be this poem, I was excited!  Did you know that tomorrow is Dr. Suess Day?  What better way to celebrate than to create a layout based on this story told in verse.


I decided to apply the poem to a layout about my sister, Caitlin's, high school graduation.  I don't think there is a crossroads in life quite as full of possibilities as this one.  Caitlin is a pretty amazing person, so to see all the places she is going is exciting.


Did you notice the lace flower in the corner?  It's one of my Lemon Yellow Lace and Felt Flowers from my Etsy shop.  Did you know I offer more than 20 different colors?  I sell them in pairs so that you can scrap with one and wear the other in your hair or as a brooch :).


Thanks for stopping by!  Head on over to Scrap That Poetry to see the other amazing DT layouts and for all the details on how to enter.  Oh, and be sure to check this post to see if you were one of my winners during my Anniversary Celebration.  Have a great Monday! Tessa

2 comments:

  1. Great layout and we LOVE Dr. Seuss at our home too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the colors on your LO and that flower...wow!!! a great page!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!