Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Woman's Work

Do you watch So You Think You Can Dance?  I do.  I've taken class from some of the choreographers and I've even had kids I've taught end up on the show.  One of my all-time favorite pieces of choreography from SYTYCD is Mia Michaels' "This Woman's Work."  Heart-wrenching, powerful stuff.  Here it is, performed on the Ellen show.

The current poem at Scrap That Poetry is "Woman Work" by Maya Angelou.  After reading it, I couldn't help but compare the poem with that piece of choreography.  Whether it be the mundane tasks we accomplish day in and day out, or extraordinary circumstances that we face from time to time in our lives, women are incredible sources of strength and inspiration.  The deadline is quickly approaching if you would like to participate in the challenge.  I hope you can find time to celebrate being a woman or the women in your life by creating something.  We would love to see it.

And since I wasn't able to complete something for this particular challenge (some of those extraordinary circumstances got in the way), here is a sneak peek at my layout for the next STP challenge.


Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow!!! LOVING that sneak! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!