Friday, November 19, 2010

Designer Friday

Happy Friday! This is my 300th post on the blog!  And what better way to celebrate 300 posts than with two of my fabulous designers, Amanda and Anna, and their fantastic projects?!


First, I'd like to share a layout Amanda created with a new set of Sewing Pattern Petals.  Note: All my new Sewing Pattern Petal designs are going up in the shop this weekend.  We had computer issues that knocked me off schedule this week.  I love these particular flowers because of their vintage typewriter key vibe.  However, the sayings on the brad centers are abbreviations and texting phrases - so awesome!


I'll let Amanda herself tell you about this next project:  "I have really been enjoying reflecting on all of the things I have in my life to be thankful for this month as I've played along with the Attitude of Gratitude challenge. I made this fabric collage to hang on my wall next to my dresser, to continue to remind me each day to be thankful for what I have.

I used a variety of hand cut fabric scraps roughly stitched together with my sewing machine. The fabric background is topped off with some vintage buttons, grungeboard letters and, of course, the yummy fabric flower (from this set). I love the softness and homey feel of this project - it's warm and fuzzy :)
I am grateful for so many things, but I think the thing I am most grateful for is the opportunity to live my life the way I choose to. My freedom. I am grateful for my family and friends, plus lots of superficial things, too. But, really, without the ability to live my life freely, and experience it the way I choose, what are the point in all of those things?"  So true!
 
Anna also created a layout with Sewing Pattern Petals:
 

Gorgeous!  Anna played with my teal polka dot Cupcake Poppies, too.  How delicious is this layout?
 

Would you like to know what Anna is grateful for?  "I'm grateful for all the small things in life, lots of people just think of the things that aren't going right for them at the time and don't stop and think about all the good things in their lives.  I always count my blessings however small they are! One of those things is scrapbooking and craft.  I'm so glad I've found a outlet for my creativity that I really love." 
 
Thank you, ladies, for sharing your talent with us and for sharing your thoughts on gratitude!  Today I'm grateful for those people in my community who respond to emergencies.  We took a trip to the firehouse yesterday with Colten's 2nd grade class and I was just so impressed with the way the firefighters do their jobs.  I hope I never need them, but I feel better knowing that they are there.
 
We love hearing what you think about the DT projects.  Thank you to all who have taken the time to share their thoughts on Fridays and compliment these fantastic designers.  Have a wonderful Friday all! Tessa

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!