Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Today is a special day at Sketchy Thursdays!  A whole new crop of talented, inspiring designers is beginning a new term today, and I am blessed to be a part of it :).  Diana and Heidi are like virtual family - two of the sweetest, most beautiful people - and I was so excited when they asked me to continue designing for Sketchy Thursdays.  Of course I jumped at the chance!


Yesterday I alluded to Colten's 8th birthday party.  He chose a carnival theme and a mustache motif.  I decorated in red, yellow, white and black and pulled papers from Pink Paislee's Hometown Summer line to create cupcake toppers, favors, and banners.  Here are just a few shots from the party:




We set up a "photo booth" with mustaches for everyone (coming to a layout soon!):



I'll share more later :).  The sketch today is definitely one I'll be repeating.  I love using smaller, multiple photos lately:


So head on over to Sketchy Thursdays to see what the new team has created (fabulous stuff!) and to read all about the awesome sponsor.  Have a great day! Tessa

5 comments:

  1. You made me blush! We are so glad to have you!! Love the b-day goodness!!! Great mustaches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas for the party - mushtaches seem to be "in" in the states. Cute what you say about your blogging family! It can be wierd to get to know people so closely online.
    Loving the cupcakes too - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. that looks like a FABULOUS birthday bash! REALLY great layout--congrats to you for continuing on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party!!! I love the photo booth idea...what kid doesn't love being silly for the camera? Your LO is just adorable....the red and white dotds made it pop for me and then I noticed the doodle border....omgosh......total cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this layout!!!! Looks like an awesome party!!!! What cute decorations!!!! So happy to have you on ST, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!