Tuesday, April 2, 2013

B is for Buys - Epiphany Crafts

One day a new friend came over to my house and noticed my collection of letter B's on the wall. She stared at it for a few moments then said, "What does B stand for?" She was a little embarrassed when I explained they were our family monogram - B for Buys. She thought my last name was something completely different! So, just to clarify, the B is for Buys, my last name :).


Epiphany Crafts challenged me to put the round tool to use, and although I have used the round tool for everything from layouts to cards to jewelry, I had never used it for home decor. I decided to finally decoupage this wooden B that I've had for nearly a year and the Epiphany Crafts round tool was just what I needed to bring it all together.


I used sewing pattern paper and book pages to cover the B, then fabric flowers and felt leaves to embellish it. The circle epoxies were the perfect embellishments to add a little color.



You can read my tutorial for the B here. And in case you want to know more about that really big B, here is my post from a couple of years back about it.

I hope your April is off to a great start! Thanks for stopping by :). Tessa

1 comment:

  1. this is FANTASTIC! You totally inspire me to do a W wall! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!