Monday, December 1, 2014

Festive - DCWV

K. Young Photography - original image - pin

Hello! I cannot believe it's December 1st. Where has 2014 gone?! Spending a year watching a newborn turn into a toddler has the same effect as a fast forward button. To slow down time a little bit, I printed photos from last December for the latest sketch challenge at DCWV:


I'll let the journaling fill you in on the backstory:


Here's the sketch that inspired the page, created by my friend Valerie Mangan for The Studio Challenges:


I turned the sketch sideways and simplified a few of the details, focusing on the stars and the layers of patterned paper.



I used the Christmas Basics 6x6 Stack, the White Embossed 6x6 Stack, DCWV cardstock and DCWV glitter paper. The alphas are American Crafts, and the tiny alpha stickers are from the dollar spot at Target. I bought a few of these sheets because I love them so much :).


As always, there is a card sketch, too. Inspired by the layout sketch, I created this design:


My week was a little crazy with the holiday and some family under the weather, so I didn't get a sample card made - yet :(. You can see what the design team did with the sketch, though. Check out the challenge post here.

I hope your December is beautiful and filled with the happiest of moments :). Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!