Thursday, February 10, 2011

Photos I Love

It's Thursday, which means a new sketch from Sketchy Thursdays!  I used three of my favorite photos of Josh and me.  I think it's funny that in two of them we are sporting sunglasses, but it isn't the actual photos that make them meaningful to me - it's the times they represent.


I wanted to do something fairly simple and clean, so I kept the embellishments to a minimum and pushed the patterned papers to the edge.



Here's the sketch:


I chose the color sheme blue-yellow-green as part of a prompt at The Studio.  Amanda challenged us to use those colors on a love-themed layout.  Easy peasy - when it comes to love layouts including my hubby, they rarely involve red and pink.  Blue and green are our favorite colors, and you know how I feel about yellow :).

I hope to see you play along in both places.  Stop by the Sketchy Thursdays blog for all the details and a great DT gallery.  And check out the challenge at The Studio - we're already collecting some great entries.  I'm off to finish prepping the master bedroom for construction.  A couple of days ago I noticed that the ceiling (above my head while in bed!) looked like it had a funny shadow and spots.  Wet.  Mold.  Ugh, a leak!  Thank heavens we're just renting this place and that the weather is nice right now.  The maintenance guy is on his way, but my life has been a bit crazy for a couple of days moving furniture and reorganizing schedules.  I hope your Thursday is much better!  Tessa

4 comments:

  1. I love this layout Tessa, the patterned paper edging is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how clean and beautiful this is!!! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS Tessa! I love love love the photos and loveeeeeeeeeee the way you did all the edges! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the clean look--like the border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!