Sunday, February 20, 2011

I've been framed...

Well, sort of :).  A new layout challenge is live at The Studio and this week Amanda has challenged us to use a frame.


I've had this frame paper by Fancy Pants since last Spring, and I just never quite knew what to do with it.  When this challenge came around, an idea popped into my head and I love the result.  Using my paper trimmer, I cut the frame out of the patterned paper.  I adhered the chalkboard center portion to a piece of cardstock and then used foam adhesive to adhere the frame back into place.  I love the way the frame looks lifted from the rest of the page.


I warned you there would be more yellow coming from me and our little photo shoot last week :).  I combined fabric rose stickers and pieces from one of those Maya Road doilies to embellish my page.  The little lace frame is by K and Company and I love it.  Really.


The title is by SRM Stickers.  I love their white text stickers!  I wanted to include a bit of journaling, but wasn't sure about adding it to the layout, so there is a little tag on the back with the important information like the date and location.

I hope you'll join us for this challenge!  The design team did a fabulous job, so be sure to check out the challenge post here.  Enjoy your day! Tessa

9 comments:

  1. Love this Tessa! I have a few frames hanging around so must have a try. I love your hair band, I guess it is from your etsy shop - shame that international shipping is so pricey :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Tessa!! Love the frame and how you used the MR doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just beautiful! And lovely pictures too. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, simply, clean, simply fantastic! Very good job! :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME Tessa! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Tessa!! You look so pretty in those photos, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT job with the frame and the yellow is the PERFECT touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, so it totally took you spelling it out for me to realise that wasn't an actual fram around your page! I never knew FP did that sheet of paper! Gorgeous page.

    Where did you get those flower stickers? I definitely need some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How stinkin cute are you??!!!!!! OMG I just love this layout!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!