Saturday, February 19, 2011

'Tis the Season

Wait, didn't we just put the decorations away?  Yes, but there's a new challenge blog out there that is going to keep us on our toes throughout the year when it comes to making our Christmas cards.  Jingle Belles is taking back December one card at a time, and they have teamed up with Sketchy Thursdays for a Second Chance Challenge.  Get the details here.


I kept my card pretty simple.  Some leftover Christmas paper, a couple strips of tape, some pom pom trim, and a few Prima flowers.  The sentiment is by SRM Stickers - I love how easy SRM Stickers make cardmaking :).


Here's the sketch to work from:


Heidi, co-founder of Sketchy Thursdays and a member of the Precocious Paper design team, created this beautiful card for the challenge:


You can find that fabric rose in my shop here. I love the dimension it gives Heidi's gorgeous card.
And speaking of design team members, Amanda has been crafting cards quite a bit lately, including this one featuring the new Sweet Spots, "A Walk in the Woods" (found here).


Stunning!  That bow is absolutely gorgeous, and the exact same color as the felt in the sweet spot.  Is this one on its way to me?  :) :) :)

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!  We have some construction going on at the house today, so I'm sending the kiddos to Grandma's and doing housework.  Maybe I'll get scrappy tonight :).  Have a good one! Tessa

6 comments:

  1. I REALLY like the 'tis the season card--GORGEOUS flowers make what is simple BEAUTIFUL! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is is perfectly simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa, I absolutely love your card. It's so simple - but in a good way.

    I based my card on a layout I'd made in December...I've just posted that layout today on my blog (it has a big red satin bloom on it). http://notbusyenuf.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-really-love-red-satin-bridal-bloom-by.html

    Amanda's card is stunning. That bow is gorgeous. I love that color blue with the silver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! I just love these cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Tessa!!! Im getting addicted to cards now...lol XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pop of the red blooms ... also love the fun combination of papers and pom poms ... and I agree, SRM Stickers are my go-to for easy card sentiments ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!