Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Studio

Hello!  A new challenge is live on The Studio blog - the first card challenge of the month.  Being the 13th of February, Amanda has challenged us to use 13 of something on our cards.  I had several ideas, but when I realized who I needed to make the card for, it all came together:


It's competition weekend, and although I'm not involved to the extent I have been in years past, I do have the wonderful opportunity to coach a couple of soloists this season.  One of my girls competes her contemporary solo today.  Her piece was choreographed by a guest artist last summer before I moved back to Sacramento, so I have been working with her to make the piece hers, to highlight her strengths and bring the storytelling aspect to life.  To inspire her to push through her butterflies, I just knew she needed this card.


I misted over a heart mask, doodled the outline of the heart and the edges of the card, and added the sentiment by SRM Stickers.  Then I played with the arrangement of the butterflies, filling the heart and lifting their wings.


As I am really on the Project Team at The Studio, I posted my first project last Wednesday.  I created a mini album to love on my boys :).  You can read the article here and see more photos here or here or here.


I hope you play with us this week at The Studio.  We'd love to see your card and takes on our other challenges, too!  Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

4 comments:

  1. I love butterflies so I really {heart} your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love love love your card!!! Those butterflies are AWESOME!! And loving the mini! GORGEOUS work as always! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa! I love that butterfly card!!! it's awesome!! I'm gonna have to try that sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!