Friday, June 10, 2011

Keeping the Boys Busy

I love that the boys are playing so much outside these days :).  Seeing their blond hair brighten, their shoulders become sun-kissed, and their feet get so dirty brings back memories of my own summertimes during childhood.  When they need a break from the sunshine, one of their favorite activities is playing with playdoh.  I bought a package of "party favor" sized playdoh containers and made these:


Each playdoh container evenly divided into three portions (perfect!).  I balled up a portion for each boy in each color.  Using tubes from SRM Stickers, I filled up a tube for each boy.  Using a sharpie, I wrote their names on the lids.  Easy-peasy. Super simple. Done.


Some fun tips:
1) The open end of the tube makes a great "cookie cutter".
2) The tube itself makes a great "rolling pin".
3) If a ball of dough ever gets stuck, a good tap on the end of the tube gets it rolling again.
4) The tubes keep the playdoh fresh for a long time.
5) We no longer have fights over who has which color, which means mama is happier, too :).
6) These would make great on-the-go activities or even party favors.


You must head over to the SRM blog today for tons of great storage ideas using the tubes.  Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

4 comments:

  1. That's such a great idea! I can totally see those as party favors at a Candy Land themed party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative!!! Love this idea!! I will be adding to my Pinterest board :) Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great idea and they look so cute in the tubes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how bright and colorful they look--great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!