Sunday, March 15, 2015

Let's Do Something New - The Studio Challenges

Hello! Happy Sunday. I hope your weekend has been a good one. Today I am sharing a layout that I created for the latest challenge at The Studio:


I have been taking Studio Calico's Color Theory class, taught by Wilna Furstenberg, and this page was inspired by the second lesson. I followed the basic design of Wilna's page as I worked with complimentary colors (purple and yellow). I used a Glitz design woodgrain roller stamp to try the lesson's technique of stamping in wet paint. I love the result!


The challenge at The Studio is to use older product from your stash. I started this layout with just paint, so I didn't have any particular papers in mind. When I went hunting for purple and yellow, it was hard to find purple, not to mention the right purple. Purple is just not a color we really use as scrapbookers, is it? I did, however, find my package of the Soleil collection by Basic Grey. It came out summer of 2012. I fell in love with it all over again while I was putting this page together!


I added paper to the top and bottom of the page, and cut apart a garland to add the arrows on the page. The alphas are also Soleil.


The layout is about the new pixie style I am working on. I cut it asymmetrically, and I am still growing out the long side a bit more. :)

To play along at The Studio, join us here. Thanks for visiting and have a great day! Tessa

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!