Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Right Now - The Studio Challenges

Hello! There is a new challenge up at The Studio Challenges and it's all about stars and stripes. In honor of Independence Day here in the US, the challenge was simply to include stars and stripes on a layout. Well, I just had to go patriotic for my page, so I scrapped a photo I took this past May on Memorial Day:


Almost everything I used for this layout comes from Pink Paislee's Atlas collection. It's a great travel line, but it also includes the stars and stripes I needed - and in red, white and blue!


I also used white and silver washi tape from Heidi Swapp's marquee line, as well as the star stamp from Heidi Swapp's planner line. Tip: If you don't have an acrylic block for your clear stamps, try using the lid of your ink pad. I forgot to leave a block out (almost everything is in storage until we close on our house), so I improvised with the plastic lid of my ink pad. It worked pretty darn well!


I love Pink Paislee's chipboard frames, and this striped one was perfect for the challenge theme.


I also love the big tags in the Atlas line. I love the foil and the red, white and blue on this one was great for my page. The chipboard star stickers and enamel stars from the Atlas line really gave the layout its patriotic feel.


If you'd like to  play along at The Studio, you can find the challenge here. You don't have to go patriotic like I did, as you'll see when you visit the blog and check out the other design team members' takes. Thanks for visiting, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!