Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude 2013

For those of you new to my blog, Attitude of Gratitude is a feature that I started three years ago. The first year, I just had this idea, this desire to do something daily about expressing gratitude. I thought that if I encouraged people to join me, I would be more likely to stay on track - so I did. Every day I wrote about something that I was grateful for. There were a few project posts tailored to the theme. The first year was simple and very rewarding, personally. Friends who joined in expressed how much it meant to them. I knew at that point that I wanted to continue Attitude of Gratitude as an annual event. The second year, I wanted it to be bigger. I created mini album kits that I sold through my etsy shop, I reached out to more people through more social media, I offered prizes for participation, and I ended up spending more time on the mechanics and less on the message. The message was there - important and heartfelt - but it wasn't my focus. I've decided to change that this year.


Attitude of Gratitude 2013 is all about the heart. The heart of the matter. From my heart. For my heart. I have refined my purpose and will simply do my best each day to fulfill it. Beginning November 1st through November 30th...

- I will express gratitude daily. On the blog, on Facebook, on Twitter.
- I will add to my words with pictures. Inspired by this list. On Instagram (precocioustessa, #attitudeofgratitude).
- I will write about ways to bring the message of gratitude to our families.
- I will share projects for our homes and families that will remind us to be more grateful.

My goal is that by the end of the month, my heart is overflowing with thankfulness. I hope yours is, too. I invite you to join me, in whichever way you see fit. There are many, many people doing similar things now, so I encourage you to find inspiration from those bloggers, too. Whatever you choose to do, I hope you pause from time to time to count your blessings. Afterall...

 { The chalkboard in my kitchen }

Have a wonderful day! Tessa

PS - I won't be giving away prizes, but there will be a discount code for the month that happens to coincide with my shop update that goes live tomorrow :).

PPS - We are having the chicken noodle soup tonight. New slow-cooker recipe - perfect for a busy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I've put together a little gratitude journal for November and am excited to reflect on how blessed we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I got about half way through last year, and I'm with you...I got lost in the mechanics of finishing a mini album.

    So I think perhaps this year I will just write. Then maybe at the end, I will put it all together in some form...

    Oh and I love your menu chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!