Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One Fine Day - The Studio Challenges

I've been scrapbooking for awhile, but the page I am sharing with you today is the first of its kind for me. I scraplifted myself - from a sketch! The latest challenge at The Studio is a sketch challenge based on a layout I made several weeks ago. Here's my take on the sketch:


This was the original layout:


And this is the sketch:


Oh my goodness. Creating this layout was so hard! I don't know why, but it seemed like I was creatively blocked at every turn. I didn't want to flat out copy my layout, but I wanted to stay fairly true to the sketch. I finally gave myself a little creative leeway and the mojo kicked in.


I went to my stash of Sassafras goodies (bought during their recent warehouse sale) for papers and embellies. As I was looking through the rest of my stash for purple-blue embellishments, I came upon this gorgeous ribbon that my friend Diana made. I wanted the stamped muslin clouds to shine, so I cut them out from the ribbon and ran them through my sticker maker. Voila! Instant texture and the perfect dose of periwinkle.


And I finally had a chance to use this washi tape from Target! I almost never scrapbook with purple, so this tape has sat unused for a long time. The purple-blue dots were perfect for this page :).


If you'd like to join us, there is a fabulous Teresa Collins prize up for grabs! You can find all the details here. Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your Wednesday :). Tessa

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness — I forgot you had that ribbon!!! Gorgeous layout! Love how it turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a BEAUTIFUL layout Tessa! I really like that picture of you with the sunrays coming through--LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!!! So soft and full of light!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!