Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ladies - The Studio

Happy Sunday! There's a new challenge at The Studio today, one all about family. I chose to scrapbook a recent photo of all of us Elzea girls at my sister's bridal shower:


I used the October kit from Scrapbook Circle, News Flash, and add-ons. I specifically pulled the new Crate Paper On Trend papers, as well as embellishments from the Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic line. I wanted the page to feel festive, just like the bridal shower.


And do you see my title?! That's my first Silhouette Cameo cut! Whoo hoo! I can't wait to learn more about this machine so that I can use it more often. I'm still a little bit intimidated. Good thing Amanda is going to be teaching a Silhouette 101 class. I'll be that nerdy kid in the front row :).


I wanted to emphasize the word "ladies" because of an inside joke we sisters share. See, Caitlin (second from the left) began referring to us as a group with the word "ladies" when we were planning our San Diego vacation. However, she doesn't just say it normally, she uses this creepy, game show host, pick up line-esque voice that just cracks us up every time! I can't do it. I've tried. As soon as I cut the title, I sent an instagram photo of it to her. I wish you could hear it, but you'd probably think it's dumb. That's how inside jokes go, I know. But really, it's hilarious - at least to us Elzea girls ;).

If you'd like to play along with the challenge, you can find the details here. We'd love to have you! Thanks for stopping by today :). Tessa

2 comments:

  1. Love everything about this page! Cool design and fussy cutting. Congrats on your first Silhouette cut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!