Thursday, August 4, 2011

Swim

My boys finally got the water bug this summer - a real love of the water, confidence, enthusiasm. I'm not a big water person myself, but I don't want my opinion to rub off on them. I hope this new love, combined with lessons and practice, will lead to lots of fun for them.  Even if I stick to the shore to watch :).


I took this photo on the 4th of July when we were at the lake.  They are just so happy :). Even though I didn't have a smaller companion photo, I still wanted to use it for the latest sketch at Sketchy Thursdays:


I was inspired by the messy paint, so I used three different shades of blue Glimmer Mist to create my background. I'm finding myself dunking a paintbrush into the bottles more and more often.


I layered vintage papers and lots of decorative tape to mimic the transparent colors of the water in the photo.


I recently fell in love with Indie Girl by Sassafras again and was happy to put to use some stickers and borders from the line for this page.


If you'd like to see the other designers' takes on the sketch, check out this week's prize, and play along, stop by the Sketchy Thursdays blog here.  Enjoy your day! Tessa

3 comments:

  1. oooh, I am loving what you did with that sketch. Sassafrass lass is one of my all time favs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I love the artsy feel to this! GREAT take on the sketch--think I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! i love the layers and splotches--a perfect water layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!