Thursday, October 13, 2011

Journaling Junky

I rarely do a layout without journaling. As I look back on my pages, the journaling is what I spend the most time going through, so I feel like I need to write at least something on every layout I make. If you need a serious dose of journaling in your next page, the new Sketchy Thursdays sketch is a great place to start. Here's my take:


And here's the sketch:


I was tired but feeling creative when I sat down to make this page, so I decided to use only what was right in front of me rather than getting up to raid my supply closet. And what was right in front of me? My drawer of Scrap Rat bits and pieces. Some things are from past kits and some pieces are from the shop. Every piece is vintage, except for the little tag, background paper and blue alphas.



My take on the journaling was to use the word strips that Amanda (of Scrap Rat) made on her vintage typewriter. I lined up a handful that helped tell the story of that day.


You can find all the details for playing along at Sketchy Thursdays here. There's an awesome prize up for grabs, too :). And speaking of journaling, the "Get Wordy" challenge at Scrapbook Circle is still going strong. Here's my latest take on the challenge:


You can read more about the page at SBC today (here). For my journaling I focused on an important message.



You can join in the SBC challenge, subscriber or not, here. How cool would it be to combine both the Sketchy Thursdays sketch and the SBC challenge?! Two birds with one stone :). I'll be back tomorrow with the return of my favorite blog event and a new release from Precocious Paper. Have a great day, everyone! Tessa

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creations as always Tessa! I love the sequins waste painting on the first one and what a lovely message on the second!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layouts as always, Tessa! And, I was thinking the same thing...about combining both challenges-perfect! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the first layout at ST blog this morning and LOVE it! This is so beautiful and so stunning. Just pinned your layout. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER GREAT layouts, Tessa! Thanks for sharing them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW tessa! These are AMAZING!! I agree sometimes I just get tired and use what's in front of me and LOVE the surprise of what I come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!