Monday, September 8, 2014

Apple Candles - SRM Stickers

Hello! I love that as fall approaches, pumpkin is all the rage. My Pinterest feed is already filled with pumpkin desserts, drinks, muffins and pancakes. I love a good pumpkin recipe, but let's please not skip over apple season! Apples are the star of the show over at SRM Stickers' challenge blog this month. Here is my take:


I found these cute apple-scented candles in mini mason jars at my local dollar store. I removed the label from the top and tied some gold and ivory Twinery twine around the lid.


My stem is a mini spool. I bought a bag of them at Michaels a while back - they are perfect for winding shorter bits of washi tape and twine :).


I trimmed a piece of cardstock to fit, then adhered my SRM Sticker sentiment to the far right of the paper. I glued the left end of the cardstock to the spool, wrapped it around once, and secured it with a bit more glue. I cut a notch in the end of the paper for a finished look.


Last, I trimmed a leaf shape from wool felt and glued it to the back of my stem. I plan to give these to a couple of friends I've been thinking about lately.

If you'd like to join in on the challenge, please visit the SRM Challenge Blog here. Besides apples, there are other ways to join in - a color palette, a card sketch, and themes.


On another note, In case you haven't seen, Pretty Little Studio and Pinkfresh Studio have teamed up for an awesome blog hop today and tomorrow! My project will be part of tomorrow's hop, so I hope you'll come back and take a look then. In the meantime, you'll love today's line-up! Start here for great projects, giveaways, and awesome discounts from both companies.

Have a great day! Tessa

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!