Sunday, December 5, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude - Final Post

Thomas S. Monson, president of the Church of Jesus of Christ of Latter-day Saints, said, "This is a wonderful time to be on earth. While there is much that is wrong in the world today, there are many things that are right and good. There are marriages that make it, parents who love their children and sacrifice for them, friends who care about us and help us, teachers who teach. Our lives are blessed in countless ways. We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues. Someone has said that 'gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.'"  I'm grateful for the inspiration I found in these words, and that I had the opportunity to host this Attitude of Gratitude challenge.

I am so very grateful for all of you who joined in the challenge, and in turn, uplifted me.  These are just a few of the things YOU were grateful for:

the opportunties we have to act like kids and rediscover the joy of holidays ♥ the tiny bit of snow we had this morning ♥ music in my life ♥ hot water ♥ little baby voices ♥ a little girl named Brookie that saved my doggy Mr. Dandy from running away!! My little hero! ♥ my two most FAVORITE scrappy tools ♥ my family! ♥ good friends ♥ my sons' peronalities ♥ a job/supervisor that is not a stickler about promptness ♥ literacy and lunch ♥ me time ♥ my husband ♥ Filipino Pride ♥ Friendship...girlfriends rock ♥ Yoga.....keeps my sanity ♥ Fall leaves ♥ to be mother to such sweet, intelligent, thoughtful, funny, and beautiful boys ♥ to have a job that I love, and that allows me plenty of time to spend with my family ♥ that we always have food on our table ♥ to have a son who happily wears op shop clothes to Geoff for letting me indulge my hobbies without complaining too much ♥ Meaghan's soccer team mates who win and lose gracefully, no matter what the opposition (or opposing parents!) say or do ♥ Matt's friends, who are just a lovely pack of kids, who don't complain that parties they go to are alcohol free and who give each other hugs at the end of the night ♥ productive Sundays ♥ phone calls from long distance friends ♥ the wonderfully inspiring women that I seem to be surrounded by on a daily basis ♥ tissue with lotion ♥ technology...as I can connect with friends on the other side of the world with a click and enter ♥ beautiful glorious blue skies ♥ being a mother, being a wife, being a daughter, being a friend ♥ my wonderful, loving family ♥ that UTEE can be remelted again and again ♥ my kids did have the opportunity to get to know my Grandpa despite however brief their time together was ♥  the amazing opportunity to be part of Teresa Collins' new DT ♥ unexpected 'free' time ♥ my upbringing and my childhood ♥ all of the men and women who serve(d) our country selflessly every day ♥ my family and being able to host dinner ♥ early dismissal ♥ time to create.

And coming across posts like these made me feel so good:

Today I'm grateful for Tessa's challenge... I am glad that she came up with this idea, I am glad that I signed on to play along...and I am proud to say that I did all thirty days! :):):):):):):) Since I started this blog...I have NEVER blogged an entire month straight...and this month I did it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) (Julie)

I am thankful for Ms Tessa Buys, and the inspiration she brings me through her creativity and sweet nature. I'm really finding this gratitude journey enlightening, and without her I wouldn't have started it! (Amanda)

Here is my finished journal, complete with 30 days of thanksgiving.  Whenever I'm feeling down I plan to pull this out and count my blessings.  If I've learned anything through this experience, it's that gratitude = happiness.


Would you like to know who won the $25.00 gift certificate to Precocious Paper?  Anyone who linked me to posts (even if they weren't 30 straight days worth) was put into a hat.  Carson pulled a name and the winner is:

JULIE!

Congratulations! Email me at precociouspaper (at) yahoo (dot) com for how to claim your prize.  Thank you, everyone, for a fantastic month.  I'm already looking forward to next year :).  Have a great day!  Tessa

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh wow wow wow!! I am LOVING LOVING LOVING the different grateful things people have said!! WOW!! How uplifting!!!! And loving the passage that you added from the President of LDS....very very very powerful!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!! And is that ME JULIE?!?!?!?!??!!?!?! If YES!! THEN WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I am UBER EXCITED..... if another Julie...well then YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY for her too!! lol!! I will email you to find out!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again, Tessa, for inspiring so many people! You, my dear, are an amazing inspiration!!!!

    p.s. Woohoo on your Scrapbook News and Review Featured Artist article! OMG, girl! Your WORK inspires me to no end, too!!!!

    Everyone, check out Tessa's article! It's on the front page at www.scrapbooknewsandreviews.com

    HUGS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!