Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Daily Album and TPV

Here I go, from one big project to another!  The Attitude of Gratitude challenge came to an end and my December Daily album begins today! 


I'm a first-timer and very excited about it.  I started working on this several weeks ago, right after Ali started posting about it.  I got sidetracked before doing my cover until I saw this week's prompt at The Paper Variety:


I immediately chose the bottom row and got to work creating a title with three different alphabets.  I kept the cover really simple because I kept embellishments to a minimum on the inside, too.  Here are all the details:


* I'm going to document EVERY day of December - there's a lot of fun stuff planned between Christmas and New Year's, so I don't want to quit on Christmas.
* My album is 6 inches by 6 inches.  I plan to print my photos at 4 x 6 (some as collage prints), add a square of patterned paper, and journal on the leftover block.
* I will type my journaling daily (crazy, I know, I almost always use my handwriting!), keeping a document at the ready on my desktop. 


* I will print my photos and journaling once per week and will work on the album at a set time once each week.
* Materials used: patterned papers - Fancy Pants Christmas Magic line (2009); snowflake transparency - Hambly; velvet embossed transparencies - Fancy Pants; doilies and butterfly punch - Martha Stewart; tags - Elle's Studio; teal alphas - Making Memories; typed number words - Scrap Rat; pom pom trim - Maya Road; paper flowers - Kaisercraft.
* I plan to embellish the metal rings with ribbons after the album is complete.


Have you done a December Daily album before?  Any words of advice?  Don't forget to head on over to The Paper Variety to see which path on the tic-tac-toe board each designer took.  Without discussion we all ended up doing something different :).  Have a great Wednesday!  Tessa

9 comments:

  1. Tessa: This album is so beautiful! Love the simplicity of it! Like very much your plan! Looking forward at the end of December and your experience doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic!!! I hope you post pics when it's full at the end of the month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this album is BEAUTIFUL! I love to see how everyone's albums are SO different! I haven't done my december daily, I think I'm going to try and journal each day, then do the album later. Not sure....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Tessa - I love your divider pages. So simple and perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS Tessa!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it....you have a style I just love...simple and yet with all the right touches of beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this album Tessa! Can't wait to see how you fill it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tessa
    Can you send me a link for those Martha Stewart Doily Punches? I can't seem to find them online.
    Thanks!
    Kim G
    kimbgarner@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!