Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Thank You Card

The new Sunday challenge is live at The StudioThis week we challenge you to create a Thank You card. Ideally, it should be geared towards Christmas, but if you don't celebrate the holiday or have another pressing 'Thank You' to send, feel free to change it up!

My boys' winter concert was this past Thursday.  You can tell their mama is a dancer - while everyone else stood nice and tall as they sang, my kiddos couldn't help but bop around to the beat :).  Anyway, the show was fabulous.  I would have enjoyed it even more if it weren't for the parents in the audience who obviously had no concern for decorum, respect for the performers, or any clue as to what proper theater etiquette is.  The poor music teacher had to stop the show several times to ask the audience to be quiet.  I was stunned that it was necessary and so heartbroken for her!  I thanked her in person for her hard work, but I wanted to be sure that she received a thank you card, too.  So, I made this:


I used vintage sheet music from Scrap Rat that I colored with Twinkling H20's (watercolors infused with mica for sparkle).  The sticker sentiment is by SRM Stickers.  Once I finished the card, I knew it needed a matching envelope, so a mini banner with doodled string was created :).


I know we are very busy people this time of year, but let's not be too busy to say "thank you".  Even a simple card like mine will suffice.  Head on over to The Studio blog to see what the rest of the DT created - Rebekah's is awesome!  I'm off to create a few dozen baby shower invitations.  Oh, the joy of becoming an auntie!  Enjoy your day! Tessa

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh that just breaks my heart that some of the parents did that!! The poor kids and teacher!! Such a beautiful card you made for her!!! That is just soooooooooo thoughtful!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun little cards! I really like the music note paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card turned out great Tessa! I love making thank you cards so I always have one on hand when needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love your music notes banner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Tessa. Just featured it on my Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!