Sunday, March 14, 2010

Poetry and a Prize!

We have a new challenge for you at Scrap that Poetry!  The poem is an Irish Blessing - perfect with St. Patrick's Day coming up this week!  It's a bit of a long story, but it looks as though I may have lost the last two years of my photos due to computer problems.  I'm heartbroken, to say the least.  So what do I do without photos?  Create an altered canvas instead of my usual layout :).



I painted the canvas with a combination of white wash and light blue acrylic paint.  Then I layered masking tape on a self-healing mat and cut out the hill shapes.  I adhered my hills, then painted them green.  I made my sun and flowers from rolled fabric and burlap. 


I printed out my journaling, cut the pieces, and outlined each strip.  Then I hand-doodled around my border.  Now I just need to decide what ribbon to hang the canvas from :).

And guess who is sponsoring Scrap that Poetry?  Precocious Paper, of course!  You could win a pair of Dyed Cardboard Flowers, a set of Bridal Satin Blossoms, a pair of Lace and Felt Flowers, and a Bouquet of Fabric and Felt Flowers.  I've pictures some sunny yellow samples here, but the winner will have her choice of designs :).


I'd love to see you play along!  Thanks for stopping by :).  Tessa

6 comments:

  1. Oh Tessa, how heartbreaking. At least you will have all the photos you've scrapped in that time. I love this canvas,esp the hessian and fabric flowers. I may have a go at this poem myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! love the flowers, the bright colors, and how you used the burlap. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an absolutely beautiful canvas!!! LOVE IT! Off to check out your store for some spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so sorry about your pictures :( That is just awful. I hope by some miracle they reappear for you! The fabric flowers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did an amazing job with that canvas!! i love those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Tessa!!! So, so pretty! And love the yellow, sunny goodness here. I do hope you find your pics, though I love the canvas art!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!