Sunday, March 7, 2010

Welcome to the World - The Studio Challenge

A new challenge is up at The Studio!  As soon as I read what the challenge was going to be, I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap.  The challenge is to use memorabilia on a layout.  I chose to use the ID bracelets my son and I wore in the hospital when he was born.


I placed the bracelets where I otherwise might have used strips of patterned paper or ribbon and attached them with a heavy-duty tape runner.



I had some other ideas for using memorabilia, too:
♥ Punch shapes out of paper memorabilia like menus, maps, and receipts
♥ Create a pocket for ticket stubs or cards
♥ Use pamphlets, maps, or other large pieces of paper memorabilia as patterned paper
♥ For dimensional memorabilia, sew a pouch out of a transparency onto your layout with the piece inside
♥ Laminate hair from a first hair cut onto a tag

I used this "vintage" Sketchy Thursdays sketch for my layout.  I love how versatile sketches can be.  The layout I originally created for this sketch looks very different:


I hope you take a minute to check out the other DT girls' work over at The Studio.  Their layouts are fantastic!  Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and baby boy :) I really love orange and blue together. I might have to try that challenge! :)
    ~Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love everything, the colours are gorgeous and I just love how you did the journalling, what a gorgeous little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love, love, love the top baby layout. The colors are so fresh! It's gorgeous. How clever to use the bracelets, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!