Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 15



I just love this quote. The image of electricity is powerful, and living a life filled with gratitude is just as powerful. I have to admit, it's been hard to be grateful while being sick. I just am not a very happy person unless I physically feel good. I may be miserable with a cold, but for goodness sake, there are much worse trials I could be enduring right now. Instead of feeling grumpy, I should be allowing the power of gratitude to help brighten my mood. Today I am grateful for this Attitude of Gratitude challenge. I am grateful for what it is teaching me and for the daily reminder that I have been richly blessed. I am grateful for this electricity in my life, for the spark of happiness and light it brings.

I've been craving the time to work on a new wreath for my front door, and last week while sitting with my sick little Jaxon, I managed to finish this one:


It's based on my Autumn Afternoon line (available here). I even used the felt roses from the line as little accents.


I'm really happy with the way it turned out and can't help but smile every time I pull into the driveway :).
I had to retire my Halloween wreath to make room for the new fall wreath (yes, my Halloween wreath was on my door well past Halloween).


I decorated our porch with cobwebs, paper garlands, lots of pumpkins and a big hay bale, so I wanted to keep the wreath fairly simple. My favorite part is the polka dot yo-yos. And before I go, I just finished this wreath last night:


I made wreaths for my kids' teachers for Christmas last year and was planning to do it again this year. Carson's teacher emailed me about buying a Christmas wreath so I said I would love to make her one but that she couldn't pay me :). I hope she likes it! You can see more photos of the wreaths in my flickr photostream.

I hope your Tuesday is going well! Enjoy your day :). Tessa

3 comments:

  1. I adore your wreaths! Each is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... gorgeous wreaths Tessa! And your lovely flowers and trim from your store are great for making these!!! Trust me, I know!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!